Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Foot fail :(

So I ran a little over 5 miles on Saturday through Liberty State Park. It was really pretty...running along the bay with the Statue of Liberty and the NY Skyline in the background. It was actually one of the harder runs we've done, because it was all open. This let the sun and the wind come in without much to block them. Also, running next to large bodies of water? Plus: really pretty. Minus: really muggy.

It was requested that I take pictures along the run! Which I didn't do. :p Sorry! I need to get a camera to take with me on runs. I could have used my cell, but those pictures aren't great and I forgot my cell. I'll do better next time!

Then I went for a quick 2 mile run on Monday. I should be going for a 3 mile run today, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I did something to my foot, and now it hurts off and on when I'm walking or standing on it. It's in a weird spot...I didn't sprain my ankle, and it's not in the arch. It's sort of above and behind my arch a bit. When I realized it was actually a problem yesterday, I started to ice it. It feels better when I sit, but gets aggravated when I walk. I'm a bit nervous to call this one of those aches or pains that you just blow through. I *really* hope it's nothing, because I will be quite upset if I injured myself this early on in the game (though it might be better to do it now actually if I can recover in time to still train and run the marathon.) And on a quick little jaunt down the road, nonetheless! I'm going to call my coach later today and ask him what he thinks. It's great to have a team like this with people that know about this stuff!

For those of you who bought Yankee Candles, I just got a call yesterday that they came in. It happened a lot faster than I thought! So I'm going to go probably this weekend and pick them up so I can get everything out to people. Yay candles!

Not sure what this weekend holds in terms of a long run for me. It might be Cranford, or it might be Philly running with regular (sort of) friends and not the TNT crowd. Or it might be nothing if my foot needs rest. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment